Re: [HACKERS] ecpg man page

From: Thomas Good <tomg(at)nrnet(dot)org>
To: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Michael Meskes <meskes(at)usa(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] ecpg man page
Date: 1998-12-13 12:34:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, 13 Dec 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

> > > I changed some minor stuff (for) ecpg and would like
> > > to ... replace the man page for ecpg we currently have in CVS.
> > Seems this manual page has not been converted to sgml yet. Thomas, is
> > that true? If not, please see the attached file.
>
> Michael, the ecpg author, contributed ecpg.sgml several months ago. I
> would think that he was just reconciling the information in the man page
> with the existing sgml-based information, but don't know that for sure.
> Michael?

Thomas,

I rewrote the man page for Michael after he was of great assistance to
me getting ecpg going. This magnum opus was omitted from 6.4 and I was
of course devastated. I mentioned it to Michael M and he removed my
errata and then sent it on to the HACKERS list...so I expect the earlier
version differs from what Michael recently cleaned up.

Cheers,
Tom

----------- Sisters of Charity Medical Center ----------
Department of Psychiatry
----
Thomas Good, System Administrator <tomg(at)q8(dot)nrnet(dot)org>
North Richmond CMHC/Residential Services Phone: 718-354-5528
75 Vanderbilt Ave, Quarters 8 Fax: 718-354-5056
Staten Island, NY 10304 www.panix.com/~ugd
----