Can't upgrade to 6.4

From: Gregory Maxwell <greg(at)z(dot)ml(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can't upgrade to 6.4
Date: 1998-11-30 21:06:58
Lists: pgsql-general

I just tried to upgrade a production server to 6.4 today.
I do a psql -e template1 < dump

psql complains about the query being too long and eventually segfaults.

I reloaded 6.3.2 and it works find. I also tried the latest snapshot.
Finally I tried pg_upgrade which doesn't seem to do anything for me.

System is Dual PII running RedHat 5.1+errata and kernel 2.1.125+ac2+other
patches.

I really need working rules, so any help would be warmly accepted. I can
send my dump file if needed.

Thanks,
Gregory Maxwell