connecting with password

From: Eric McKeown <ericm(at)palaver(dot)net>
To: PGsql <pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: connecting with password
Date: 1998-09-11 02:18:40
Lists: pgsql-sql

Is there any way to set up special password protections for a Postgres
database, so that I can force someone to present a username and password
when connecting from a PHP script? I've combed the docs for something on
this, and I may just be completely off base on the feasibility.

Comments appreciated...

eric

Eric McKeown
ericm(at)palaver(dot)net