returning the current date in a SQL query

From: Walt Bigelow <walt(at)stimpy(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: returning the current date in a SQL query
Date: 1998-08-12 18:31:38
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have a table (tblprojects) that stores the current projects in our
facility. I want to be able to have two of the records "[unknown]" and
"pending" (the project titles) always return the current date- basically
overwriting the date field stored in the table.

I need this because I am sorting the projects in a 'combo box' (in MS
Access) by dates, for example today, this week, last week, this month,
last month, etc. But I want the "[unknown]" and "pending" projects to
ALWAYS appear in the result of the query.

Is this possible? Do I have to set the date field of the table to
something like a function?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Walt

P.S. my date field is of type "datetime"