Re: [INTERFACES] jdbc plain password support

From: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: gpyle(at)cs(dot)up(dot)ac(dot)za
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] jdbc plain password support
Date: 1998-07-22 05:47:26
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Tue, 21 Jul 1998 gpyle(at)potato(dot)cs(dot)up(dot)ac(dot)za wrote:

> recently i needed to connect via jdbc from an nt client to a linux
> server. the host-based authentication didn't work, so i implemented
> plain-password myself.
>
> this would probably be a nice thing to include in the next release of
> the driver. can anyone tell me who to send the code to?

What version are you using, as this has been in the driver for well over a
year?

In V6.2, you enabled password by sufficing the url with ?auth=p

Since V6.3, the backend determines what authentication scheme to use, and
is configured using the pg_hba.conf file.

The following schemes are fully implemented:

trust, ident, password, crypt

--
Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk or petermount(at)earthling(dot)net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk