Re: [INTERFACES] compile error

From: "Aldrin L(dot)" <aldrin(at)americasnet(dot)com>
To: Herouth Maoz <herouth(at)oumail(dot)openu(dot)ac(dot)il>
Cc: rony khoury <rkhoury(at)apotres(dot)edu(dot)lb>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] compile error
Date: 1998-06-30 19:05:29
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, Aldrin L. wrote:

> > 5. Do you know the problems of CGI and real-world applications? Do you
> > know CGI is stateless? That it means that no information is kept from
> > what the user passed to the CGI? Do you know that you have to take
> > care of it yourself? Maintain some sort of "session" information and
> > have some way of knowing that the client that connects now to the
> > database is the same client that connected to it three minutes ago
> > and started some work? If you want the user to be able to do several
> > consecutive screens, like read-and-update, you have to think about
> > this problem, and find a solution for it. Also think about multi-
> > user scenarios.
>
> The same, if you are a clever programmer who always initialize the
> variables before using them. :)

Sorry. I read it wrong. :)

Well. I use a trick to handle a multiple forms for a single CGI.
If you would like to see, translate http://www.americasnet.com/~aldrin/cgi
from Portuguese to your native language. :) ... I plan to translate it to
english, but i'm kinda busy lately. :)

done. Aldrin Leal <aldrin(at)americasnet(dot)com>