Buffer leak?

From: andre(at)via(dot)ecp(dot)fr
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Buffer leak?
Date: 1998-06-03 14:15:31
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Hi.

Due to some bug report for the postgresql python interface, I started
testing the current large objects support. Two points seems to be wrong,
but yet I only studied one.

LO may span over some blocks and whenever a block boundary is crossed (for
the first access for example, or whenever a full block has been read), the
lo_read() query gets a:
"NOTICE: buffer leak [xx] detected in BufferPoolCheckLeak()"
The leak is located in an index_getnext() call to seek the next
block (using a btree index). But as this part of code is less easy to
follow and I can't go further.
This call is locate in inv_fetchtup(), called by inv_read() from the
inv_api.c file.

Could someone give me some pointers on how I could track where the faulty
buffer is allocated?

Thanks.

---
Pascal ANDRE, Internet and Media Consulting
andre(at)via(dot)ecp(dot)fr
"Use the source, Luke. Be one with the Code." -- Linus Torvalds