Reference Guide

From: "Jose' Soares Da Silva" <sferac(at)proxy(dot)bazzanese(dot)com>
To: docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Reference Guide
Date: 1998-03-26 20:02:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

I'm writing Reference Manual pages and I have some questions about...

create rule:

The man page says ...

"The current rule system implementation is very brittle and
is unstable. Users are discouraged from using rules at
this time."

My question are:
Is this command a PostgreSQL deprecated feature ?
Sould I skip it ?
Does it works ?

declare:

DECLARE cursor [ BINARY ]
FOR SELECT expression

The man page says ...

"BINARY cursors give you back the data in the native binary
representation. Thus, binary cursors will tend to be a
little faster since there's less overhead of conversion."

My question is:
I can't see any difference between BINARY and normal cursors.
Does it works ?

Thanks, Jose'