Re: your mail

From: Andreea Gheorghe <andi(at)sri(dot)ziua(dot)ro>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: your mail
Date: 1998-03-04 14:45:26
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello all,

I have installed postgresql-6.2.1-7 on Red Hat 5.0(Hurricane).
I need to insert a large object into a data base.
I found in "Postgres User Manual", in section "Large Object", the sample
example "testlo.c" - test using large object with libpq.
I compiled this example, and there are some strange things:
- if I try to insert in the data base a file with size smaller
the 1K, the thinhs are Ok.
- but, if I try to insert a larger file, I get the message:
"broken pipe". Then, if I execute again, this program, I get the message:
"can't create large object", this mean that "lo_creat" function failed.

To insert the file in the date base is used: "lo_import" function
from libpq.
Did anyone have this problem? Can anybody help me?
Thanks a lot!

Friendly Andi

http://www.ziua.ro/~andi
Trust everybody...