Re: [GENERAL] What about Unicode?

From: Bruce Tong <zztong(at)laxmi(dot)ev(dot)net>
To: Dan Delaney <dionysos(at)dionysia(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL General List <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] What about Unicode?
Date: 1998-07-24 15:34:00
Lists: pgsql-general

> Does PostgreSQL support Unicode text fields? If not, that would be
> AWEFULLY nice! Especially now that so many OSs (the MacOS for one)
> and standards (HTML for one) are beginning to use it.

Yeah, I'll probably eventually try to exchange data with a Magic Cap OS
based PDA which also uses Unicode. We currently translate to ASCII, but
that causes some problems so supporting Unicode would be nice for me, but
not essential.

Bruce Tong | Got me an office; I'm there late at night.
Systems Programmer | Just send me e-mail, maybe I'll write.
Electronic Vision / FITNE |
zztong(at)laxmi(dot)ev(dot)net | -- Joe Walsh for the 21st Century