Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC Driver

From: Bruce Tong <zztong(at)laxmi(dot)ev(dot)net>
To: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC Driver
Date: 1998-07-23 12:59:06
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-interfaces

> Actually, there are two issues here. First, the message about the field
> being ordered by must appear in the target list is appearing because
> Access is throwing that order by clause in there for some reason which
> we have been unable to discover (perhaps for optimization?). BTW, are
> you using Access 97 or 95? Second, Dave has a patch for Postgres on our
> website which allows the order by and group by clauses to not be in the
> target list, which would probably get you past this.

Access 97.

> I created your tables in my database and was not able to re-create the
> error in Access. You might try upgrading to the latest driver (.0248)
> which is what I was using to test with. I used to get the same message
> you got here but I haven't been able to reproduce it lately. You might
> want to relink your tables in Access and/or re-create the query before
> you try your test again.

I can make my database available to you over the net if you want. I just
need your IP address so I can authorize you in pg_hba. Contact me directly
if you're interested and I'll create an account for you, etc. The actual
tables are a little bigger than the examples I posted. I can also send you
the exact table definitions as I have all the SQL to create them in a file
I use in accordance with a makefile. Let me know if/how you want to
proceed.

I'll grab the latest driver and try that as well.

Bruce Tong | Got me an office; I'm there late at night.
Systems Programmer | Just send me e-mail, maybe I'll write.
Electronic Vision / FITNE |
zztong(at)laxmi(dot)ev(dot)net | -- Joe Walsh for the 21st Century