ERROR stat failed on file <path to objectfile/objectfile>

From: Konstantinos Vassiliadis <vassilik(at)p22(dot)cs(dot)man(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ERROR stat failed on file <path to objectfile/objectfile>
Date: 1998-07-16 14:18:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I created a datatype dealing with phone numbers just to test the
particular Postgres facility.
I compiled the source independently of Postgres and run it independently,
too.

Then, I registered the input and output functions with Postgres and
created the type using CREATE FUNCTION and CREATE TYPE respectively.
However, when it came to insert values into the table columns the
following came up:

ERROR: stat failed on file /home/M97/acs/vassilik/protein/phone.o

Note that this is the path that I have included in the CREATE FUNCTION
statements for registering the input and output functions.

Thinking that I did something wrong, I tried the Complex datatype and
still gave me the following when inserting data:

ERROR: stat failed on file /home/M97/acs/vassilik/protein/complex.o

What is the problem?

Kostas Vassiliadis