Re: [GENERAL] libq++ and security help

From: Peter Mount <pgsqlgen(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Bruce Tong <zztong(at)laxmi(dot)ev(dot)net>
Cc: Monica Rogati <mrogati(at)unm(dot)edu>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] libq++ and security help
Date: 1998-06-16 05:50:12
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Bruce Tong wrote:

> > I'm using libq++ for a C++ frontend; the problem is I need to have
> > many users who don't have accounts on the server. I tried to find
> > information on connecting to the database specifying the username and
> > password, but it looks like the libq++ functions rely on the environment
> > variables.
>
> This seems to be the same for LIBPQ. (The non-C++ version of the library.)
> Thus, I'm curious what the answer is in this case as well.

I'm not sure about libq++, but for libpq, you can do this by using
PQconnectdb(). The easiest way, is to look at the source to psql, which
uses libpq itself.

PGconn *db = PQconnectdb("host=myhost user=myuser password=mypassword port=myport");

--
Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk or petermount(at)earthling(dot)net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk