Re: [ADMIN] Two postmasters

From: Peter Mount <pgsqladmin(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Igor Sysoev <igor(at)nitek(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Two postmasters
Date: 1998-05-12 18:03:33
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, 12 May 1998, Igor Sysoev wrote:

> Is it possible to run two varios versions of postmaster
> on one machine using different ports and PGDATA ?

Yes. I currently have 6.3.1 as production, and the current cvs'd version
for JDBC development.

The only thing you have to be careful on is where the two sets of binaries
and libraries live, and the order of the various paths. As I don't access
the production database from the user that I develop under, I have the
paths set in the user login scripts.

The backend's are started by a modified file located in /etc/rc.d/init.d

--
Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk or petermount(at)earthling(dot)net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk