Re: [HACKERS] Platform status

From: Ryan Kirkpatrick <rkirkpat(at)nag(dot)cs(dot)colorado(dot)edu>
To: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Postgres Porting List <ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Platform status
Date: 1998-02-21 00:54:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

> Here is my current list of supported platforms. The outstanding issues
> are:
>
> linux/alpha - any progress?

We have the system up and running, though not anywhere near stable
or production quality. Might put "In progress, working, but only for the
brave of heart!'
It is still very much for developers/debuggers only (and those that
absolutely must have pgsql for Linux/Alpha ASAP). There are a number of
failed regression tests and compiler defines to still sort out.
Hope this answers your question.

| "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." |
| --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV) |
| Ryan Kirkpatrick | Boulder, Colorado | rkirkpat(at)nag(dot)cs(dot)colorado(dot)edu |
| http://www-ugrad.cs.colorado.edu/~rkirkpat/ |