Re: [HACKERS] A small type extension example for the contrib directory (fwd)

From: Peter T Mount <psqlhack(at)maidast(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] A small type extension example for the contrib directory (fwd)
Date: 1998-01-25 10:51:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, 25 Jan 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> I added this to the contrib directory for the server, but am
> wondering if anyone feels that this just might be useful as a "normal"
> datatype, instead of just in the contrib directory...

Personally, I would, as at work, I have a database that contains all of
our machines on the network. It's a real pain handling IP & MAC addresses
as strings.

The IP type would be more useful, as I'd thought that people would use it
in things like web useage logs, etc.

--
Peter T Mount petermount(at)earthling(dot)net or pmount(at)maidast(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk
Main Homepage: http://www.demon.co.uk/finder