Praise

From: RHS Linux User <postgres(at)weblynk(dot)com>
To: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Praise
Date: 1999-02-24 08:18:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > I sorry to post this message to the Hackers list, but I can't seem to
> > subscribe to any of the other lists.
> > An email like
> >
> > To: majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org
> > Subject: subscribe
> > subscribe pgsql-sql
> >
> > doesn't have any affect.
> >
> > Anyway, does anyone know when "alter table tn drop column attr type"
> > will be implemented?
>
> Workaround in FAQ.
>
> --
> Bruce Momjian | http://www.op.net/~candle

Sorry for the stupid question. :-)

Anyway, I've been using postgresql on usedcars.com for 3-4 months now
(1-2 queries/sec, with RH Linux 5, using jdbc driver), and it works much
better than anything else
I've tried. I've had my share of small to med. problems, but as long as I
don't abuse it in my Java code, it almost always works like a champ. Good
job guys.
I'm probably interested enough now to start contributing. (Probably to the
jdbc driver)
Rich.

PS, The other subscribes DID work (read above), I was just too
impatient. :-)