Re: [HACKERS] New to PostgreSQL, is this a DoS?

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: dkelson-list-pgsql-hackers(at)inconnect(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] New to PostgreSQL, is this a DoS?
Date: 1998-11-17 11:17:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998 dkelson-list-pgsql-hackers(at)inconnect(dot)com wrote:

> I compiled and install 6.4 according to the INSTALL doc.
>
> I created a database with "createdb test",
>
> running as user "postgres", I connected "psql template1" and ran:
>
> CREATE USER billybob WITH PASSWORD hehe CREATEDB CREATEUSER;

Still being half asleep and just guessing (withoug looking it up), does
the CREATEDB CREATEUSER also imply SELECT privileges? IOW, you may
wanna try GRANT.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com flame-mail: /dev/null
# include <std/disclaimers.h> TEAM-OS2
Online Searchable Campground Listings http://www.camping-usa.com
"There is no outfit less entitled to lecture me about bloat
than the federal government" -- Tony Snow