Re: White paper on very big databases

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
To: Jean-Paul Argudo <jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: White paper on very big databases
Date: 2009-02-05 20:26:53
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

At Truviso I work on a 3.8TB database where the largest table is 1.3TB of
data and 0.8TB of index. I have some paperwork to do before I could
really give out any real details, will look into that. The biggest
challenge was loading all that data into there in the first place (it was
2TB from day one), as COPY isn't very fast. That is particularly
unfortunate because that's the same path the dump/reload needed for a
version update would need to take.