Re: [gsmith@gregsmith.com: Re: [patch] GUC source file and line number]

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [gsmith@gregsmith.com: Re: [patch] GUC source file and line number]
Date: 2008-09-09 05:43:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> (I dropped the "default" stuff for now, as it doesn't seem that a
> consensus has been reached on that topic.)

I have multiple GUC-related projects that are all stalled waiting for that
capability to be added. The only thing there wasn't clear consensus on
was exactly what the name for it should be, and there I really don't care.
I made the argument for why I named it the way I did, but if it gets
committed with a less friendly name (like boot_val) I won't complain.