Re: Which Python library - psycopg2 or pygresql?

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
To: Dawid Kuroczko <qnex42(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Which Python library - psycopg2 or pygresql?
Date: 2008-04-15 18:37:52
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008, Dawid Kuroczko wrote:

> So I thought, "lets learn a bit of Python", and I stumbled upon
> a choice of these two libraries. Whch would you suggest?

Use psycopg2. It's better maintained and has a better feature set at this
point. I would specifically recommend that you look at all the example
programs that come with the software. There's lots of stuff there that is
easier to pick up that way than by reading the documentation, if it's even
covered in the docs at all.

> PS: I don't want to start a flame war!

Unless D'Arcy suddenly appears with a new pygresql rev that blows everyone
away I think this is a safe topic. Not impossible but not too likely I
think.