Re: Dell Perc/6

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
To: Craig James <craig_james(at)emolecules(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Dell Perc/6
Date: 2008-02-12 19:01:13
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, Craig James wrote:

> Does anyone have performance info about the new Dell Perc/6 controllers? I
> found a long discussion ("Dell vs HP") about the Perc/5, but nothing about
> Perc/6. What's under the covers?

The Perc/6i has an LSI Logic MegaRAID SAS 1078 chipset under the hood. I
know the Linux drivers for the card seemed to stabilize around October,
there's a good sized list of compatible distributions on LSI's site.
FreeBSD support has some limitations but basically works. I haven't seen
any benchmarks for the current version of the card yet.