Re: pg_live, impending release

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
To: Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_live, impending release
Date: 2008-01-16 22:13:28
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Robert Bernier wrote:

> Is this something worthy of a workshop at one of the conferences, such
> as pgcon?...there might be a few of you that would like to be able to
> roll your own version of pg_live without depending on 'one' (me) person.

I'd think a more efficient use of your time would be scribbling down a
how-to (which you'd need to do anyway to present it at a conference) and
getting someone to follow it and let you know what they had trouble doing.
Go through that a bit and then you'll have instructions anybody who knows
a bit about building live CDs and using PostgreSQL can follow, not just
people who made it to a talk.