Re: Low CPU Usage

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
To: brauagustin-susc(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)ar
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Low CPU Usage
Date: 2007-09-22 06:29:17
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, brauagustin-susc(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)ar wrote:

> Which other test can I do to find if this is a hardware, kernel o
> postgres issue?

The little test hdparm does is not exactly a robust hard drive benchmark.
If you want to rule out hard drive transfer speed issues, take at look at
the tests suggested at
http://www.westnet.com/~gsmith/content/postgresql/pg-disktesting.htm and
see how your results compare to the single SATA disk example I give there.