Re: transactional DDL

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: transactional DDL
Date: 2007-08-14 21:23:33
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

There is now is a discussion of the benefits of PostgreSQL's transactional
DDL abilities on the otherwise deprecated page at

http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/Why_PostgreSQL_instead_of_MySQL

If someone else could provide me with an Oracle sample showing the same
behavior, I'd like to include that (assuming they won't sue me for it).
Examples from MS-SQL, DB2, etc. would be nice too.

I intend to put this into a separate techdocs page from the main PG vs.
MySQL one, because it's a bit big to push into there, and then just
summarize the issue and link to the full discussion.