Re: Not ready for 8.3

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Not ready for 8.3
Date: 2007-05-18 03:02:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 17 May 2007, David Fetter wrote:

> Would you be interested in providing this meat? You're uniquely
> qualified because your shins still smart from all the things you
> barked them on :)

Unfortunately I'm temporarily on the other side of this problem; all the
time I have to spare right now is going to into reviewing other people's
patches.

Even more unfortunately, I'm not 100% happy with what I'm doing, and
certainly wouldn't want to present the shoddy techniques I'm using as
recommended. If anyone else has useful info on this subject (keeping a
local repository in sync with HEAD via rsync while working on branches)
they'd like to pass along, please drop me a message with whatever level of
documentation you might have--even rough notes would be a help. Once I'm
finished with the reviews I'm trying to contribute, I will sort through
any suggestions I get and turn that into formal documentation. This has
left enough shin damage that I'd enjoy completely slaying the cause.