Need Performance Consultant

From: Steve <cheetah(at)tanabi(dot)org>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Need Performance Consultant
Date: 2007-05-01 22:08:31
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Hello there;

My company is looking for someone to help us out with performance tuning
of our PostgreSQL based application. Our application is a medical billing
application that currently contains a total of 44 million records with
individual tables containing up to about 16 million rows. We are
expecting this database to grow to over 100 million records. Therefore,
we're looking to hire someone who will help us maintain consistant
application performance as our system grows.

Key responsibilities:

- Modifying and updating postgres configuration as needed to maintain
performance.

- Analyzing problem queries and providing recommendations for performance
improvements and/or modifying the database schema/configuration to
correct performance issues.

- Analyzing problem code sections involving the database and providing
recommendations as described above (code is in PHP, extensive
programming knowledge not required but a plus).

- Assisting with hardware and/or software recommendations to improve
scaleability.

- Helping to find potential future bottlenecks and roadblocks to try and
prevent performance issues before they start.

You will be working primarily with myself; I have been performing these
duties along with programming the application, and it's becoming too much
work for me to do alone.

Pay is negotiable but will initially be on a per-hour contract basis
(full time employment may be an option down the road if desired). The
company has offices in California and North Carolina but being on-site is
not required. Individuals or companies may apply.

Email me here or at steve(at)ie-formula(dot)com with your resume if interested.
EXPERIENCE IN THIS FIELD IS A REQUIREMENT -- You MUST have experience with
large databases and performance tuning.

Steve