Re: Deadlock with tsearch2 index ...

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>, Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Deadlock with tsearch2 index ...
Date: 2005-06-01 05:48:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

>>> How much money (US Dollars) would you need?
>>>

>> Command Prompt could jump on that as well. We could help sponsor a bit.
>
> Maybe we could start a funding project for it?
>
> USD convert to lots of roubles I assume, so it'd be good like that. Perhaps

What do you mean ? It's common misleading that life in Russia is cheap.
>From my experience living in California is cheaper than here in Moscow.
10 years ago it was profitable to work in US some time, but not now :(

> someone (not me - too busy) on the PostgreSQL Foundation could organise
> contacting some companies to see if we can get a little out of several :)
>
> ie. Command Prompt, Fujitsu, Pervasive, EnterpriseDB, etc.?
>
> Oleg & Teodor: how about letting us know what funding target we'd need?

We'd love to start tomorrow working on GiST, but we have some current
obligations we need to sort out.

> Chris

Regards,
Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83