Compiling psqlodbc on Solaris

From: Nishad Prakash <prakashn(at)uci(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Compiling psqlodbc on Solaris
Date: 2005-03-24 20:19:15
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I'm trying to install the postgres ODBC driver but I can't understand
the installation instructions. My platform is PostgreSQL 7.4.6 on
sparc-sun-solaris2.8, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.3. I'm using
psqlodbc-7.2.5; I don't quite get how the psqlodbc numbering is meant
to correspond to Postgres versions, so if I'm using the wrong
version, please let me know.

The instructions say I must unzip the psqlodbc tarball, then go to the
Postgres src directory and run configure-make-install. Well, how,
exactly? Is this telling me to rebuild Postgres with the psqlodbc
directories included under the main Postgres source tree? I already
have a running Postgres installation; I simply want to add the odbc
driver. Can I do that? If so, how do I compile the psqlodbc source
without recompiling all of Postgres? Any help would be tremendously
appreciated.

nishad
--
"Underneath the concrete, the dream is still alive" -- Talking Heads