Question on stored proecdure parameter

From: Venkateswaran Udayasankar <vudayas(at)cs(dot)umn(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Question on stored proecdure parameter
Date: 2004-11-09 16:52:58
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,

I need to pass two arrays (name, values) from Java to my stored procedure
or rather function in postgres. How do I go about doing this? Any help on
this will be appreciated. I have read about passing stuff in as comma
separated text fields and parsing them in the procedure to form the query.
I would rather not do it this way. On a realted note how do I construct a
java.sql.Array in Java to pass it in as a parameter to my Callable
Statement execute method() ? I know Oracle drivers provide for
ArrayDescriptors that can be used to pass in an array as a parameter.

Thanks in advance for the help.
-Venkat.