Re: pgsql-server/src backend/utils/adt/acl.c inclu ...

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql-server/src backend/utils/adt/acl.c inclu ...
Date: 2004-05-02 15:02:40
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

> OK, patch reverted at request of Tom and Peter. Please propose a more
> generalitzed soluion. Thanks.

Sigh.

You refuse a 10 lines patch to access a stupid opaque type in the backend.
You both refuse some things to be done in the back end, and also to add
what is needed to do it in userland. Moreover, I don't think this patch
did hurt anybody, as it was pretty invisible and was useful to me.

I'm tired. When I'll be too tired, you'll just lose a contributor. A very
small loss indeed, but I don't think it is a good policy for your project.

Have a nice day,

--
Fabien Coelho - coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr