new aggregate functions v1

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: new aggregate functions v1
Date: 2004-05-01 14:21:21
Lists: pgsql-patches

Dear patchers,

please find attached a small patch for adding new aggregate functions:

(1) boolean-and and boolean-or aggregates named bool_and and bool_or.
they correspond to standard sql every and some/any aggregates.
they do not have the right name as there is a problem with
the standard and the parser for some/any.

(2) bitwise integer aggregates named bit_and and bit_or for
int2, int4, int8 and bit types. They are not standard,
however they exist in other db (eg mysql), and I needed them
for some other stuff.

The patch adds:

- 3 new functions for boolean aggregates in src/backed/utils/adt/bool.c,
src/include/utils/builtins.h and src/include/catalog/pg_proc.h

- new aggregates declared in src/include/catalog/pg_proc.h and
src/include/catalog/pg_aggregate.h

- some documentation and validation about these new aggregates.

It also updates the catalog version. It validates for me.

Have a nice day,

--
Fabien Coelho - coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr

Attachment Content-Type Size
new_aggregates.patch text/plain 15.7 KB