Re: Whack of changes to archives ...

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Whack of changes to archives ...
Date: 2004-01-20 20:33:34
Lists: pgsql-www

Marc,

have you checked what exactly Last-Modified is ?

megera(at)mira:~/app/php$ curl -I http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2004-01/msg00419.php
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 20:32:15 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.28 (Unix) PHP/4.3.3RC1

But message itself is posted
* From: Lamar Owen <lowen ( at ) pari ( dot ) edu>
* To: pgsql-hackers ( at ) postgresql ( dot ) org
* Subject: Old binary packages.
* Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:35:57 -0500
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oleg

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Based on comments from Oleg, I did a bunch of cleaning up of the archives
> (which is still in the process of being "re-mhonarced") ...
>
> First and foremost, a 'Last-Modified' date is now set, based on the
> timestamp of the file ... the script that generates the files is designed
> so that it doesn't go through and re-create old messages, so as long as I
> don't to rebuild the whole things 'yet again', the time stamps should stay
> pretty fixed ...
>
> Second, I added a bunch of code that is aimed at reducing the amount of
> information that gets indexed by search engines. For instance, the banner
> and search code at the top of *every* page isn't displayed, nor are the
> followup/references stuff at the bottom ... and only the date index is
> searched, not the thread ones ... basically, content is presented, not the
> miriad of links to that same content ... basically, for the msg* files,
> I've strip out *everything* except the message itself ...
>
> ----
> Marc G. Fournier Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
> Email: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org Yahoo!: yscrappy ICQ: 7615664

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Regards,
Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83