Re: Charset problem

From: Jani Averbach <jaa(at)cc(dot)jyu(dot)fi>
To: Lily <aurelie(at)atlog(dot)tm(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Charset problem
Date: 2001-10-23 19:46:10
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Lily wrote:

> I use Postgresql 7.0 running on Mandrake 8.0. I've created a database, but
> when, in my jsp pages, i retrieved data, accentuated characters are showed
> incorrectly. Could it come from Postgresql ? Both Linux and Windows (test
> machine) use iso8859-1.

Yes and no, please look at following links:
http://www3.us.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.1/admin/multibyte.html

and for background information please read following thread:
http://archives2.us.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2001-05/msg00018.php

(I suppose that you are using pgsql-jdbc driver...)

BR, Jani

---
Jani Averbach