Re: Implementation of the frontend protocol

From: Peter Korsgaard <jacmet(at)control(dot)auc(dot)dk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Implementation of the frontend protocol
Date: 2000-11-21 15:43:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

I'm still working on the SQL proxy, and I'm having some questions
regarding the insert/update/delete queries.

As far as I can tell there is no way of differenciating between
successfull insert/update/delete queries in libpq, they all return
PGRES_COMMAND_OK (PQresultStatus). This is unfortunate considering that I
have to send a different reply to the client for each of the 3 types of
queries (INSERT oid rows, UPDATE rows or DELETE rows). Is there any other
way than examinating the query string that I forward to the real database
server while using libpq or do I have to forget about libpq and use raw
sockets?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard