Lock problem on Solaris

From: Travis Bauer <trbauer(at)cs(dot)indiana(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Lock problem on Solaris
Date: 2000-10-09 19:20:17
Lists: pgsql-general

When I start postmaster, I get the following:

IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget failed (No space left on device) key = ...

I know that this is caused by not having enough semaphores and can be
fixed by increasing some settings.

However, it normall works fine with the setting, and a nasty
crash killed it this morning. I think that for some reason, some
semaphores are still being held. I have ps -aux'd and killed all the
postgresql processes, and have erased all my files in the /tmp
directory. What else can I do?

Thanks,

Travis Bauer | CS Grad Student | IU |www.cs.indiana.edu/~trbauer