bug fix request for odbc driver

From: Travis Bauer <trbauer(at)indiana(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: bug fix request for odbc driver
Date: 2000-06-25 21:35:18
Lists: pgsql-bugs

As explained to me a while back, if the precision of a numeric is
undefined, postgresql returns a -1 where it would otherwise return
a precision.

I changed the jdbc driver to deal with this, but at least as of the last
version of postgresql before 7.0, this was a problem in the odbc driver
as well. Microsoft Access would not import tables/views with numerics
fields of undefined precision because, as it reported, the precision was
too high.

How hard would it be to fix this in the odbc driver? Or has it already
been fixed? I'm not familiar with the code.

Travis Bauer | CS Grad Student | IU |www.cs.indiana.edu/~trbauer