ODBC and crypted passwords

From: Henk van Lingen <henkvl(at)cs(dot)uu(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC and crypted passwords
Date: 2000-04-08 14:35:13
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

I'm playing with the ODBC driver (which works fine) but I like passwords
to travel encrypted, which is not supported at the moment.

Is there any work being done on this? The TODO says (in 1998) that the
priority is low. Why is that? I can't believe nobody ever needed this.
If I'm not mistaken the only way to use ODBC right now is to simply trust
a host or accept plain passwords. Is there something which makes a 'crypt'
implementation hard?

Regards,
| Henk van Lingen, Systems Administrator, <henkvl(at)cs(dot)uu(dot)nl> |
| Dept. of Computer Science, Utrecht University. phone: +31-30-2535278 |
+----------------- http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/henkvl/ ------------------+