Re: full data disk -- any chance of recovery

From: Ben Kim <bkim(at)coe(dot)tamu(dot)edu>
To: gsw(at)globexplorer(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: full data disk -- any chance of recovery
Date: 2006-01-02 20:55:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

Just curious, I guess the problem is not simply the disk full now, but
supposing the disk full is the only problem, what would happen if we move
some old files temporarily from pg_xlog/* to somewhere else and free up
some disk space? (On mine, I guess I can get about 75 MB, leaving the most
recent ones: say, dated today.)

>> I tried
>> su - postgres -c '/apps/pgsql-7.4/bin/pg_ctl stop -D /data/postgres/gex_runtime -m immediate'
>>
>> on one of the two hozed servers and that's (I think) what got this:

>TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will ignore your desire to
> match

Regards,

Ben Kim
Developer