C++ builder + ADO + podbcsql (7.01.0007)

From: xoror(at)infuse(dot)org
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: C++ builder + ADO + podbcsql (7.01.0007)
Date: 2001-10-11 00:42:36
Lists: pgsql-odbc

hi,

I've just starting to use postgresql. Currently i'm migrating a mysql
application to postgres. However i've encountered some strange things.

I'm using c++ builder 5.0. I use ADO + ODBC to access postgresql (7.1.3
cygwin). i've read the faq and uncheck some options concerning to varchar
and stuff. but I still have problems with text type. If one of my colomn
is a text type, and when i try to edit it with a data-aware component, i
get this error : expecting memo, actual string.

now that's weird since that column is defined as a text type. it should be
regcognise as memo. is this a bug ? (or known flaw?)
(i've also tried zeosDBO, it works great, but it has one major flaw, it
uses to much memory with multiple datasets. but zeosdbo does regcognise
that text field as memo)

the second weird thing is that i can enable logging but the driver
produces nog logfile :(
so i can't trace errors myself.
the whole thing runs on win2000 sp2.

hope anyone can help me.