Re: suggestion for admin "If you are upgrading"

From: Philip Crotwell <crotwell(at)seis(dot)sc(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: suggestion for admin "If you are upgrading"
Date: 2001-03-19 15:14:29
Lists: pgsql-docs

Right, but pg_dump from 7.0 doesn't. And to upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1, you
have to use the pg_dumpall from 7.0, not the one from 7.1. So if you
follow the upgrade instructions in the 7.1 admin manual, the large objects
will not be transfered.

So maybe it should say:

The implementations of pg_dump and pg_dumpall from versions prior to 7.1
do not dump large objects by default. If you are upgrading from a version
prior to 7.1 and your database uses large objects, please see the
documentation for pg_dump and pg_dumpall for that version.

thanks,
Philip