Some problem occur when I use postgres with AOLserver

From: chang hung <hchang7(at)ie(dot)cuhk(dot)edu(dot)hk>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Some problem occur when I use postgres with AOLserver
Date: 2000-01-11 12:38:42
Lists: pgsql-ports

Dear Sir/Madam:
Hello! Sorry to interrupt you. I want to ask you a question. first,
version of postgres: v6.5.3
my hardware : Solaris-Sparc
My OS : Solaris Sparc

I have done all the steps strictly followed from the Install.txt. And, I
can run psql in that Unix platform. I used the postgres with the
AOLserver. But, when I try to use the database service through the web
access, it returns me with the following lines:

Rejected host: authentication failed for user 'cli7'

I read from the document in the dir under /pgsql/data/doc

it said that I may not have right. So, I tried to change the pg_hba.conf
file.
...(comments)
local all trust
# host all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 trust
host all 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 trust

so that it can be entered by ALL hosts.
But, after then, it still can't connect but with the new error mesg.

Rejected host: authentication failed for user 'cli7'

Sorry that I don't know what is the problem?
can you tell me what has happened and how to solve?

Thx a lot!!!

Yours,
Kenneth,