Re: One store, two machines?

From: "D(dot) Duccini" <duccini(at)backpack(dot)com>
To: "Michael R(dot) Jinks" <mjinks(at)uchicago(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: One store, two machines?
Date: 2000-07-26 14:02:09
Lists: pgsql-novice

Yeah, its called RAID ;)

seriously, consider using a Mylex external controller that has twin SCSI
bus interfaces on it that allows for multiple hosts

the other option would be to write a trigger mechanism implemented in the
database to do the writes

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Michael R. Jinks wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> We would like to implement a PostgreSQL database in such a way that the data
> are housed on disk volumes which are redundant across two Solaris (or maybe
> Linux) hosts. Both hosts must have write access to the store -- a master
> system/backup system scheme is not acceptable for us; was also want this to
> be a load balancing setup.
>
> Does Postgres have a facility for keeping data stores on two hosts in sync?
>
> TIA,
> -m
> --
> Michael Jinks, IB
> Systems Administrator, CCCP
> finger mjinks(at)embley(dot)spc(dot)uchicago(dot)edu for public key
> A guiding voice for all humanity: http://www.yellow5.com/pokey/

david(at)backpack(dot)com BackPack Software, Inc. www.backpack.com
+1 651.645.7550 voice "Life is an Adventure.
+1 651.645.9798 fax Don't forget your BackPack!"