Re: [HACKERS] Beta for 4:30AST ... ?

From: Peter Eisentraut <e99re41(at)DoCS(dot)UU(dot)SE>
To: sszabo(at)bigpanda(dot)com
Cc: Ed Loehr <eloehr(at)austin(dot)rr(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Beta for 4:30AST ... ?
Date: 2000-02-22 12:49:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000 sszabo(at)bigpanda(dot)com wrote:

> * pg_dump will dump CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER statements for
> tables with foreign key constraints. In data only dumps,
> pg_dump does a little bit of magic with the system catalogs
> to turn off all triggers on user defined tables and turn
> them back on at the end.

Whatever happened to the idea of a SET command for this? IIRC, SQL already
has a contraint related set command (for deferring, etc.). Why not
overload that to turn off foreign keys? I could imagine that being useful
for people developing database schemas.

--
Peter Eisentraut Sernanders vaeg 10:115
peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net 75262 Uppsala