vacuum analyze problem

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: vacuum analyze problem
Date: 1998-10-05 02:05:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

cvs still has problem with vacuum analyze on my Linux machine:
after completion of regression test which passed fine I tried
vacuum analyze on regression db and got

NOTICE: AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
NOTICE: AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state

in regress.log there were following messages:
......skipped....
ages 0/0. Elapsed 0/0 sec.
DEBUG: --Relation lseg_tbl--
DEBUG: Pages 1: Changed 0, Reapped 0, Empty 0, New 0; Tup 5: Vac 0, Crash 0, UnUsed 0, MinLen 72, MaxLen 72; Re-using: Free/Avail. Space 0/0; EndEmpty/Avail. Pages 0/0. Elapsed 0/0 sec.
ERROR: cannot write block 0 of pkeys [regression] blind
NOTICE: AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
ERROR: cannot write block 0 of pkeys [regression] blind
NOTICE: AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
ERROR: cannot write block 0 of pkeys [regression] blind
NOTICE: AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state

Earlier this happened only if I run postmaster with number of buffers > 128
and never happens when I run regression test following procedure
described in INSTALL.

Oleg

phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83