Encapsulation

From: Ingrith Andrea Correa Vargas <i-correa(at)uniandes(dot)edu(dot)co>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Encapsulation
Date: 1999-02-15 15:00:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello!

Im making my final work at the university, and Im using Postgres within my
tools.
I have been reading, but I have a doubt:
HOW CAN I IMPLEMENT ENCAPSULATION WITH POSTGRES?!

In objects, we can encapsulate attributes and methods over them. The SQL3
standar establishes, that encapsulation is possible with types creation
but I saw that it's no the same with Postgres.

I know that is possible to incorporate functions and types in other
languajes...is this a way to encapsulate attributes and methods?!, or
not!.

...CAN I IMPLEMENT ENCAPSULATION?!...OR NOT!. HOW?!

It's important. I'll be waiting for your responses.
Thank you,

//Ingrith

Ingrith Andrea Correa Vargas
Systems Engeneering
"Los Andes" University
Santa Fe de BogotA - Colombia

i-correa(at)isis(dot)uniandes(dot)edu(dot)co