Re: GSSAPI/KRB5 and JDBC (again)

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Peter Koczan <pjkoczan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net
Subject: Re: GSSAPI/KRB5 and JDBC (again)
Date: 2008-07-29 04:35:27
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008, Peter Koczan wrote:

> I tried kinit, and it didn't work, but putting my real Kerberos
> password in the password field worked. It looks like it's trying to
> get a new set of credentials/tickets when authenticating, instead of
> using stashed or readily available credentials.

It tries to use the provided password only if it doesn't find an existing
set of credentials. It definitely works for me without a password after
kinit(ing). Perhaps your ticket cache or keytab is in a non-standard
place? This is the first and only time I've setup a kerberos server, so I
may have done something unusual on my end too, but I basically just did a
stock Debian install. Perhaps you need some additional options from here
in your login.conf to let it know things particular to your setup?

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/jaas/spec/com/sun/security/auth/module/Krb5LoginModule.html

Kris Jurka