Re: Patch to add a socketTimeout property.

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Toru SHIMOGAKI <shimogaki(dot)toru(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Art Gramlich <art(dot)gramlich(at)healthtrio(dot)com>, Toru SHIMOGAKI <shimogaki(dot)toru(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com
Subject: Re: Patch to add a socketTimeout property.
Date: 2008-04-13 13:57:41
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008, Toru SHIMOGAKI wrote:

> On the other hand, should we provide the both properties and users
> chose either of them depend on their requirement?

My inclination is to apply the keepalive patch now and see where Oliver is
with implementing setQueryTimeout. Right now keepalives provide
functionality we can't get and isn't covered by the JDBC API while
sotimeout is just a brute force global query timeout. If we're going to
get real query timeout support soon then we don't need to bother with
sotimeout.

Oliver are you still planning to work on query timeouts as discussed here?
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2008-02/msg00114.php

Kris Jurka