Re: jdbc lob and postgresql

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: jdbc lob and postgresql
Date: 2007-12-13 14:54:53
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Thomas Kellerer wrote:

> Can you point me to the manual for these types of BLOBs are described? The
> "Data Types" chapter does not list them as far as I can tell.

Apparently the only documentation appears to be in the client interfaces
section...

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/largeobjects.html

The JDBC documentation describes some of the tradeoffs between oid and
bytea data types, but doesn't describe the getBlob/setBlob API, only a PG
specific version.

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/82/binary-data.html

Kris Jurka