Re: NULL values in arrays

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Christian Schröder <cs(at)deriva(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: NULL values in arrays
Date: 2007-11-20 21:37:36
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, Christian Schrder wrote:

> since PostgreSQL version 8.2 arrays can contain null values. This doesn't
> seem to be correctly handled by the driver. (I had a look at the latest CVS
> version.)
> I have found in the archive a mail from Marek Lewczuk (sent on 2007-10-11)
> who adressed this issue, but the thread seems to be dead. Moreover, he did
> not supply a patch, so I tried to do it myself. Could you please have a look
> at the attached file and decide if it should be applied to the sources?

Marek did post a patch that additionally contains support for
multi-dimensional indexes which has complicated the reviewing process.
I'll post my comments on that patch tomorrow and we'll hopefully get it
into the 8.3 release. For the 8.2 driver I'll take a closer look at your
patch and apply it barring some unforeseen issue.

Kris Jurka